SOUTHERN MUSTANGS FORUM
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

Most users ever online was 66 on Tue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm
Top posting users this week
No user

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Latest topics
» Facebook - Find us There Mainly
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 2:52 am by Admin

» Summer Meetings 2023
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySat Apr 29, 2023 2:33 am by Admin

» 2002 Black GT
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySun Nov 04, 2018 5:26 am by shelby69

» Cragar SST 4 Bolt
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySun Aug 26, 2018 3:58 am by shelby69

» Raxiom Gen5 Smoked Tail Lights 05 to 09 Mustang all Models
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySat Sep 30, 2017 8:04 pm by lenko

» 2017 Southern Mustangs Wednesday Meetings
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptyWed Jul 12, 2017 9:10 am by shelby69

» Nice Eleanor fastback
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptySun May 08, 2016 10:42 pm by shelby69

» Cranbrook Car show 2015
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptyMon Mar 14, 2016 6:26 pm by shelby69

» Roush pulley sizes
They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. EmptyThu Jan 14, 2016 3:43 pm by Coyote Jeff

Similar topics
    Navigation
     Portal
     Index
     Memberlist
     FAQ
     Search
    Statistics
    We have 77 registered users
    The newest registered user is Bradon

Our users have posted a total of 1256 messages in 263 subjects
    Lethbridge Weather

They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is.............

2 posters

Go down

They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. Empty They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is.............

Post  lenko Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:27 pm

Last year in order to avoid the two piece ford spark plugs breaking off in the cylinder head (05 -07 heads), I decided to go with the Champion one piece double platinum 7989. After I replaced the motorcrafts, I drive for about six miles when the car starts to run rough. I pulled the Champions and found that the ceramic cone on one had slipped down over the platinum spark area totally hiding it. I was able to get through to Champion Canada and even though I had purchased the plug online from the US, they arranged to had the plug warrantied at Auto Value. Great!

Well the car ran ran like a Champ (pun intended) until about a month ago. I torqued it out a bit when I left Warner one day and after this the car started to run rough and was misfiring, but it still had full power on hard acceleration. I spent days, cleaning the maf, cleaning the intake, checking the spark plugs, changing the fuel filter and researching on the web for the misfire. I checked for codes on both my loader and my laptop diagnostic program to no avail. I then reinstalled my various SCT11 tunes also to no avail. It still ran like crap. I still had my motorcraft plugs so I reinstalled those and viola, the car ran as smooth as silk. I closely examined the Champions and finally found that on plugs metal neck above the socket head had minutes cracks on both sides. Just an experience I'd like to share here in case someone else has problems and to check Champions carefully. Photos wouldn't up load

Last edited by lenko on Wed Nov 02, 2011 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : no photos)
    lenko
    lenko
    20 Horsepower
    20 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. Empty Re: They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is.............

Post  05eleanor Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:20 pm

Thats interesting Len. I was running them before the supercharger and never had a problem. I have to admit though, I've never been a fan of Champions.
    05eleanor
    05eleanor
    200 Horsepower
    200 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is............. Empty Re: They're Back !!!!!! Motorcraft spark plugs that is.............

Post  lenko Wed Nov 02, 2011 9:33 pm

When I first got them I noticed a few of the spark areas were a little offset, but after I changed the first faulty one they ran real good until this latest cracked one. I put the motorcraft ones back in as I had cleaned them and as a test. They run good but I would rather get a faulty champion than break the two piece kind inside the head. I will likely go back to the champion, simply because it's one piece. OBTW reinstalled Ford Racing 410s making it more fun again and still driving car. Have just over 500 miles on new set so will be putting new RP in gear case. Also picked up used midpipes with dyomax bullets welded in to try and eliminate what little interior drone there is with the pypes bombs. Hope it works as the pypes sound great. Will likely do the pipes and gear change/pattern check at the same time.
    lenko
    lenko
    20 Horsepower
    20 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  05eleanor Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:02 am

I have a set of champions that were all working if your interested haha real cheap. I had to drop down a heat range to Autolite HTO which are still a 2 peice design. It does suck, but if you take them out and inpect them once in awhile, they shoulnt break. I might have to look into some Brisk plugs, they have the colder range and are 1 peice also. I cant wait to see how the exhaust is gonna sound. I like the pype bombs too. I was thinking of maybe trying an off-road H and putting my Magnaflows back on. We'll see, I haven't decided if I want to try my 4.10s or just increase the boost a bit lol. Most of my time and money will be put on the 73 this winter. I do hope to get a new winsheild though.
    05eleanor
    05eleanor
    200 Horsepower
    200 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  lenko Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:02 am

Your suggestion on the plugs sounding inviting, however I only need one plug as the other seven seem all right. I'll probably drive down to Sweetgrass later today to pick the pipes up as I have a Teleflex Osprey boat shifter handle sitting there waiting for pick up too.
    lenko
    lenko
    20 Horsepower
    20 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  05eleanor Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:27 am

You buy me and the wife a coffee some time and you can have 8 good used ones
    05eleanor
    05eleanor
    200 Horsepower
    200 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  lenko Thu Nov 03, 2011 10:49 am

05eleanor wrote:You buy me and the wife a coffee some time and you can have 8 good used ones

Sounds like a good deal. Under these circumstances buying you guys a dinner is much more appropriate. Will let you know when.

Len K.
    lenko
    lenko
    20 Horsepower
    20 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  05eleanor Thu Nov 03, 2011 7:33 pm

we'll figure something out Len
    05eleanor
    05eleanor
    200 Horsepower
    200 Horsepower

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down